16V coolant piping WAS: need help identifying coolant fitting on 16V

Pulled my car out and looked it over...seems the PO replaced the tee, the
water pipe and some hoses.  Here are the facts:

1.	My pipe only has one tee, which is connected to the expansion tank via a
curvy hose.  This is the tee which connects to the upward-facing nipple on
Dan's photo and in your description.  It's near the original distributor
hole on the block
2.	The pipe outlet does connect to the through-firewall hose via the heater
valve..the other end to the middle water pump fitting.

My conclusion:
I need to re-replace the water pipe with the two-tee version; that 2nd tee
connects to the 2nd fitting on the nipple to allow water to continue to flow
through the head when the heater valve is shut off.

I will then need the replace (at least) the expansion tank hose with the
proper (shorter) one.

I don't fully understand why the PO made this change....would anyone wager a
guess?

Jim