need help identifying coolant fitting on 16V

> It would be greatly appreciated.  The single outlet fitting fits the
> Passat, so you may find it on yours, along with the less-nippled pipe.
> This is the stuff that the Cincy of my dreams is great for..."hey,
> can I look at yer hoses and tubes"

Pipes and nipples, boy, this goes downhill fast...(and I might add, about
damned time, this list is so damned serious of late...)

Anyway, I went to examine the various <gasp> 8Vs we have around here, and
it MAY be that you have an <bigger gasp> 8V part in there. Or two. Anyway,
the Cabby (JH) and Klaus (modded JH) have that single outlet plastic
version, it hooks up to a hose that runs towards the firewall (I'm saying
heater core). The "water pipe" version in those cars has an upfacing nipple
quite nearby that hooks up to the hose from the bottom of the coolant
overflow bottle. (Or in Klaus' case, it'a capped as he has no overflow
bottle, he was born a 1.6) This overflow hose hooks up to a sidefacing
nipple in the same approximate location on the pipe in the 16V version. And
on my 80 parts car, there is a completely different two spout aluminum
version, we'll call it version C, and don't even ask about the "special
custom plumbing" on that one, it's probably from a Jaguar or something. I
won't be able to look a the Passat in detail till tomorrow, todays's my
"work two jobs" day.

So is that "bypass hose" important? No idea...

> So, another poem.  This will be my last for a while:
>
> E FLAT CONUNDRAE
>
> Epilady incubator

Okay, that's enough. a) I prefer wax, b)not planning to incubate anything
else, my firstborn should be enough reason.....

> Fried card snout
> This is a bed of flowers
> And this, this is some grout
> Conveyor belt, squirrel pelt
> Thomas Dolby's dreams
> Each one of them gathers
> At Neil Diamond's house
> For soup.
>
> You exceeded the number of bustles
> Your hedgerow is zoned to contain
> So pack up your socks and shoes
> Lox and mussels
> In boxes lined with gryphon leather
> And arrange for their prompt delivery
> To Neil Diamond's house
> In time
> For cards
> For cards
> For cards
> And soup.
>
> Dedicated to James Joyce, Jon Brion and Bob Keeshan
>
> -Mike Keneally

But what I need to know is how many bustles does one need in one's
hedgerow? :)

HTH some at least.

Cathy