need help identifying coolant fitting on 16V

On 9:54:32 pm 05/02/05 "Jim Ruffi" <sciroccos@earthlink.net> wrote:
> AHA!
> Thanks to Cathy's description and Don's jpeg (kudos, folks) I now
> know that my car has been.........ALTERED.....
> oh, the humanity.....
>
> Well, the PO musta changed out the insidious pipe with another,
> equally pernicious piece, sans fitting for the "roughly U shaped"
> hose, which I shall call a "bypass" pipe.
>
> WHY?
> sacra bleu!
>
> Hmmmm....what to do?  The plastic one, which is without the extra
> fitting makes sense for me, unless I plan to replace that pipe with
> the "correct" one.  Do I need the bypass?  I have only questions......
>
> Until the answer comes, I leave you with this little poem:
>
> Oh freddled gruntbuggly
> Thy micturations are to me
> As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
> Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes
> And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
> Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon,
> See if I don't!
>
> - Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz

Nooooo!!!! Just shoot me out the airlock now...

Seriously, if you want me to look at the setups in some of my other fine
German scrapiron to see what this altered version was in it's previous
life, LMK, I have a few 8Vs and a 16V Passat I can go look at. Maybe send
me a pic...

I'm yielding the laptop to the daughter, during which time I'll go look at
the same part on the cabby...back at ya later.

Cathy

Cathy