RE: What's up?

I have been working on my scirocco installing the 02J so I can get you the stock mount. I will mail it soon.

Great mounts Dan.

Kevin

From: "Dan Bubb" <jdbubb@ix.netcom.com>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
CC: Kirsten Jensen <Kirsten@funksoulkitty.org>
Subject: What's up?
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 15:39:44 -0500

Well, the list is just dead as a doornail.

So, I thought I'd let you all know about my boring weekend.

I've been making mounting brackets to install 02J trannies and the later transverse engines into the
A1 chassis. Well, I've made and sold three sets.
Sold the last set Saturday morning.
$395 for all three brackets, all the rubber mounts pressed in and both core charges for the stock
mounts. Nice!
But, why can't anybody rustle up a stock mount? Lazy bastards! Maybe they like paying the "generous"
core charges!

Well, that's it for that project for awhile while I concentrate on installing the turbo on my 84.

Now it's time to remove the 02J from my 84 and reinstall the 020 so I can get to welding the
downpipe.

But before I do I might as well rebuild it to install the wider ratios to work with the turbo
engine.
After all the cleanup and bead blasting and powder coating Kirsten and I did to her car I can't just
rebuild and install.
So, yep! It's getting bead blasted and powder coated too.

Cleaning tranny cases is messy at best, but they need to have all the old gear lube really cleaned out so the beads don't stick to it and so it won't stink up the whole house when the powder coat gets baked. And of course the glass beads get into everything no matter how much you mask. Might as well forget that step. Poor gritty little needle bearings! Finally mask, powder coat and bake. Notice some powder coat falling off into the bottom of the oven when I set it in there. Good thing I don't have a wife to complain about me ruining her oven!

But when everything is said and done I will know of only two people that have powder coated tranny
cases ;^)
Still an ugly project.

So, what's everybody up to?
Dan