From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Greg Pallett
Sent: Monday, February 28, 2005 7:45 PM
To: C Boyko
Cc: Scirocco list
Subject: Re: Motor Mounts.

I'm expcting about $300 (ish).
My 'Roc dosen't overheat, it just runs... hot... if I'm stuck in
traffic the needle creeps to above the indicator light.
Been thinking about one of those flex-a-lite electric fans, too.  The
bearings in the fan now are getting kinda noisy.
THoughts on the fan?

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 20:27:32 -0500 (EST), C Boyko
<roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca> wrote:

> 8v (with a 16v bodykit.... but that dosen't count this time)  I'm
> pretty sure it's oil, cause that's what fluid is down... and the
> brakes haven't failed
> When I top off the coolant tank, I might ge a bit of overflow, but the
> car dosen't run too hot. Don't all scirocos run a little on the warm
> side?

My 8V hasn't been too bad for overheating, except when the fan wires
accidentally got unhooked. It did have oil loss issues when I got it,
leaky rear main seal, evidenced by drips off the bottom of the bell
housing. The PO said it used quite a bit of oil, and told me about the
failed seal before I bought the car.
--
Cathy