Front strut parts Q.

Hi all, am going to do a *complete* shocks/springs/struts replacement job this weekend on my 16V. Bilstein sports (including full front struts) and H&R sport springs (courtesy of the Potterspeoples) is the main course. Also have

New Tires Installed yesterday (Bridgestone Potenza RE750 205 45 ZR16's Costco Nitrogen Filled US$128 ea. ) New FK hubcentric 5mm wheel spacers for rears (old springs had some "rug burns", want to keep the new setup clearanced)
New Lugbolts all around
New Prothane Rear Beam Bushings
New (standard) upper strut bearings
New upper spring seat
New OEM Camber Bolt Set

question for those who know:

According to ETKA, (illus. 102-00) there are two rubber rings (171 411 139 and 171 411 140) that sit between the springs and perches on the front struts. I was unable to find these items new, and was wondering the necessity of them. I'd rather not skip them, but was hoping to get my struts assembled before tearing into the old suspension. Truly needed? Any suitable substitutions?

TIA!

- Camron from Vancouver, WA USA
  '86.5 Black 16V 2.0L