Re: Front strut parts Q.

New Tires Installed  yesterday  (Bridgestone Potenza  RE750 205 45
ZR16's Costco Nitrogen Filled  US$128 ea. )

What does filling the tires with Nitrogen do?  I am at a loss...  :(

Nitrogen does not expand as much as air as it warms up, so your tire pressure stays more uniform as you drive. This is not an issue with street cars for several reasons; the main one being that air is primaritly nitrogen anyway, so the benefit is slight. The main reason I see for using nitrogen is that bottled gas...nitrogen, in this case...is much drier than compressed shop air (even if the compressor has
a water trap) and wheel corrosion will be kept to a minimum.

According to ETKA,  (illus. 102-00) there are two rubber rings (171 411
139 and 171 411 140) that sit between the springs and perches on the
front struts.  I was unable to find these items new, and was wondering
the necessity of them.  I'd rather not skip them, but was hoping to get
my struts assembled before tearing into the old suspension.  Truly
needed? Any suitable substitutions?

There were no spacers on my struts when I modified them. Haven't seen any dire need, either.

Larry
sandiego16v