From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Camron D. Crouse
Sent: Friday, March 04, 2005 6:02 PM
To: Scirocco List
Subject: Front strut parts Q.

Hi all, am going to do a *complete* shocks/springs/struts replacement
job this weekend on my 16V. Bilstein sports (including full front
struts) and H&R sport springs (courtesy of the Potterspeoples) is the
main course. Also have

New Tires Installed yesterday (Bridgestone Potenza RE750 205 45
ZR16's Costco Nitrogen Filled US$128 ea. )

What does filling the tires with Nitrogen do? I am at a loss... :(

question for those who know:

According to ETKA, (illus. 102-00) there are two rubber rings (171 411
139 and 171 411 140) that sit between the springs and perches on the
front struts. I was unable to find these items new, and was wondering
the necessity of them. I'd rather not skip them, but was hoping to get
my struts assembled before tearing into the old suspension. Truly
needed? Any suitable substitutions?

TIA!

Actually, they are steel. I bought a set for my GTI and have yet to install
them. They do show to be available at 500 (the warehouse that is the master
warehouse for Canada), both part numbers. Of course, that means ordering
them in which means more time. However, they are available. Are they
necessary? I dunno. I know their design was to limit noise, but how
effective they are I cannot answer...

Hope that helps,
David

- Camron from Vancouver, WA USA