From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Don Walter
Sent: Sunday, March 06, 2005 6:28 PM
To: Allyn
Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Tranny Cleaning

For those faithful to POR 15 check this out:

http://www.por15.com/product.asp?productid=156

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 13:59:54 -0500, Allyn <amalventano1@tds.net> wrote:
> Haven't some people said that purple power eats aluminum or at least
> leaves a stain if left on for
> too long?
> Dan

actually, the bottle says it, though i dont think the effect is that
great,
because i cleaned my stock radiator with it (several cycles of throwing in
purple power and mixing / shaking), and that radiator is still fine. the
stuff worked damn good too - i had to just give up on repeating the
cleaning
cycles, even though i was still getting rust colored water out every time.
hth
Al

Don Walter - Waukesha, WI
1986 1.8 16V Black Scirocco (see progress at
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/708939)
1986 2L 16V Toronado Red Scirocco (under repair)
1971 Karman Ghia (sold)
1969 Karman Ghia (sold)
1969 Beetle (sold)