From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Larry Fry
Sent: Sunday, March 06, 2005 8:46 AM
To: David Utley; Camron D. Crouse; Scirocco List
Subject: Re: Front strut parts Q.

> New Tires Installed  yesterday  (Bridgestone Potenza  RE750 205 45
> ZR16's Costco Nitrogen Filled  US$128 ea. )
>

> What does filling the tires with Nitrogen do?  I am at a loss...  :(

Nitrogen does not expand as much as air as it warms up, so your tire
pressure stays more uniform as you drive.
 This is not an issue with street cars for several reasons; the main one

being that air is primaritly nitrogen anyway, so the benefit is slight.
The main reason I see for using nitrogen is that bottled gas...nitrogen,
in
this case...is much drier than compressed shop air (even if the
compressor
has
a water trap) and wheel corrosion will be kept to a minimum.