From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Jim Ruffi
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2005 7:58 PM
To: Scirocco list
Subject: FW: Changed your bushings?

I'm fortunate (I guess) to have a project car that's not a total project; I
still have more work than I have time for.  Somewhere on my list is
replacement of the following:

(88 16V)
Front and rear sway bar bushings
Steering rack bushings
Lower control arm bushings
ball joints (maybe)
Trailing arm bushings (very maybe)

Anyone done all of this to a MKII?
How much of an improvement did you notice?  I mean, in terms of chassis
"tightness," handling surefootedness, comfort, etc.  I expect it should be
noticeable, as those rubber bushings have to be kinda hard by now. Anything
else you suggest I replace?  Motor mounts are already covered.

Your feedback one any of this would be appreciated.

Jim

I have done all of them barring the rack bushings and trailing arm bushings.
(which indeed my be my problem now, a gentle slight wandering at highway
speed).  It is well  worth the effort, esp. if they are oily and therefore
really weak.  Do it!  Rubber for quiet, urethane for noise & stability...
You will not regret it...

David