From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Foxx (in a box)
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2005 8:08 PM
To: scirocco list
Subject: vw woes

  so my '86 decides that is doesn't want to start early this winter and
dies. no indication why, just dies. almost like the timing slipped but
it didn't. so i buy and '85 to replace it as the body needed major work
with a few other things anyway.
  so i drive the '85 for a while then finally it decides it's had
enough. it sits in the driveway turning over but not catchin. did fine
up until i have to drive it 100 miles for a day. progressively stumbled,
getting worse, until it now sits behind my '86. i think it's bad fuel
but the weather hasn't cooperated with me long enough to find out.
  so i end up driving my dad's rabbit. a usually trustworthy beast, the
alternator decides to puke. replace the alternator and now, a week
later, the car will not turn over. battery dead? okay, so i put a known
good battery into it and limp home. now that i'm home, the known good
battery doesn't want to work either. it now sits outside charging. i'm
hoping this will fix the problem but i'm of the opinion that the battery
will most likely be dead when i leave for work in the morning.
  i know, check the connections to the starter and the battery. will
do, but does anyone have any other ideas so that i don't strand my third
car this winter?
--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com