From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Dan Bubb
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2005 3:59 PM
To: cory; 'Sciroccolist'
Subject: Re: BRAKE Question - 10.1 or 11 on a mk1?

My personal opinion is that unless you intend to do a lot of track days and
have over 200 HP then the 10.1 brakes will be fine.

The G60 11" brake caliper is a single piston caliper and you can buy an
adapter specifically for it.
The Audi 5000T dual piston caliper will work with the G60 adapters but you
will need to trim the inner edge of the brake pad to assemble it. Unclear if this will cause strange brake pad wear. It didn't seem to affect performance. Nobody makes an adapter specifically for the dual piston caliper that I'm aware of.
Also, if you go with 11" rotors I suspect larger MC will be required so the
brakes are not overly touchy.
Don't know about other options.
my .02
Dan