Re: BRAKE Question - 10.1 or 11 on a mk1?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeff Toomasson" <area53@validpath.com>
To: <mk1mark@gmail.com>
Cc: <Scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Friday, March 18, 2005 12:53 PM
Subject: Re: BRAKE Question - 10.1 or 11 on a mk1?

That is correct. Raffi was the authority on this, but IIRC, the Girling60
calipers came on Audi 5000 CS turbo quattros (not sure what later model Audi's
they came on as we never see them in the yards) are dual-piston but weigh a ton
comparably. I also remember him saying that the guide pins (?) were partcularly
hard to find/come by.

Besides - I'm pretty sure you'd need 16" wheels _to be assured_ of clearing
these bad-boyz...

JT

They fit with pretty good clearance behind 15" Sport Edition Fox 2's.
Doesn't guarantee it will fit behind any 15"er though. Proably depends most on the shape of the spokes.
Dan