From: Jim Ruffi [mailto:sciroccos@earthlink.net]
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2005 6:25 PM
To: T Berk; 1gli@cox.net
Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: RE: I Need a Sub

Yes, but keep in mind the fact that in a properly designed speaker,
the
driver is "mated" to the cabinet, with the volume of the cabinet,
whether
or
not it is ported, length and diameter of the port etc. being dependant
upon
the driver used.

Frequency response, free air resonance, etc. of the driver all come
into
play.
A quick google came up with this:

<http://www.electronixwarehouse.com/education/speakers/theil-small.htm>

Also please consider a couple of relatively small (8 or 10") drivers,
rather
than, say a 15", which in the Scirocco will leave a big hole in the
sound
(ie no midbass).

Jim