Re: [VWC] Autotech Cam sale!!! (both 8V and 16V)

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:17:29 -0800 (PST), Neptuno <neptunonc@yahoo.com> wrote:
Yo you guys HAVE you seen these?
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1857502

Thought I pass it along, now I wonder if any of those would do something for my little 1.7l? Anyone know? also It looks like today is the last day for their offer.

Cheers,
El Tony

A very cheap upgrade fot the 1.8L mechanical head is to install a 1.6L
cam.  It might work your 1.7L unless the 1.7L head already uses that
cam, I can't remember.  I did it on a JH 1.8 a long time ago and
shaved the head and noticed a HP difference with the increased
compression. Hopefully if I am full of s**t someone will pipe up. BTW if you want a 1.6L cam I have more than enough to go around.

--
Gordy

MK1 x 3