1986 Volkswagen Scirocco KARMAN Edition on Ebay (not mine)

Patrick,

Vehicle title laws vary state to state. Titles are not always required.

Some states in the northeast (CT, VT, more?) do not use titles for cars over
~20 years old. They won't even do title transfers if you want them. I
believe Ohio has the option of not getting a paper title for a car.

If you are patient and creative you can get your state to issue you a title
for a car that you don't own!

This may be what the guy is doing with this eBay car. He may have the car
but not the title to it and will get the title for some money. If I were to
do the title acquisition process in PA, I would charge a lot more then $55!
It is a real PITA!

-Marc

'83 Volkswagen Scirocco California Edition
'84 Volkswagen GTI Pickup Truck
'87 Volkswagen Scirocco 16v