run/dies (vanagon)=non scirocco

Hello all and first let me say I truly missed Cincy! I planned and tried but
couldnt make it happen, and since I havent made one yet I consider myself
scum. That being said I will do something else scummy, ask tech questions about my
vanagon! ( I get no response from Vortex) I just bought a 80'westy that had
sat for a year, and it runs great, except as it warms up begins to cough or
even stall like running out of fuel. The pump looks newer,full tank of new gas,
excellent tuneup items and engine rebuild 1 year ago. I dont have a fuel
pressure tester but thought I would pick yer brains before I go by one. Many thanks
and look out for my scirocco next year! Michael