Any one know anything about A/C?

> IIRC, it is because R134 IS actually bad for the ozone, while R12 is
> not.  Some more details I have just found...  R134 molecules are 20
> times smaller than R12, and R12 molecules are 20 smaller than air...

Now you lost me. If R12 is a CFC, let's do some math, say there was one
atom of each (that'd be less than the minimum) at masses of chlorine:35,
fluorine:19 and carbon:12 respectively. That adds up to...I'm thinking 66.
Versus our old friend air, which is mostly diatomic nitrogen, at 14 each,
that's 28. I know there could be structural differences that could account
for unexpected correlations between mass and size in molecules, but I don't
see how R12 could be smaller, and anyway, one carbon would need four
halogens, not two. So add in a minimum of 38 more to that 66. So what's
R134 made of, antihelium?

I'd guess that recharging involves, almost by definition, an aging system.
Whether that is biological or mechanical, leaks are to be expected...(and
are probably the reason the R12 went disparu to begin with)

cathy

Oh, and FWIW, if my DDs air fails, it's outa there.