eBay Cherry

>>Do I have to host the pictures myself, or do I upload them to eBay?
>

> You can upload.. 800 by 600 max, IIRC.

   the large the picture you send won't help though unless you pay extra
for it. 400x300 is all you will get if you don't check the supersize option.

>>Any tricks to making a basic post with maybe three or four pictures, and a description?
>

> Depending on what you are selling, you might want to use the
> "supersize" picture option for better detail.  Everything you do is
> charged for, of course.

   i've found that on certain "rare" or high priced items it's best to
have multiple pictures. otherwise, if i'm just selling a owner's manual,
usually a photo or scan of the front is sufficient. i make mention at
the end that more photos/information are available upon request.

>>If I want an fancier ad do I just write a page in html and copy that in some blank or what?
>

> There's a place for the description where you can cut/paste in html or
> type text.  Personally, I think well written text is just as
> effective.

   agreed. the only time that i find html tags helpful is when laying
our paragraphs or inserting small indexes (ie - this part fits the
following models). get to flashy and what you're trying to sell gets lost.

>>All eBay selling tips welcome.
>
> The gallery picture option.  The title area is important.  You are
> trying to be found by the words you use there and it's somewhat
> limited so use it all and be creative.  I don't use the reserve option
> and I set the opening bid at a price I'll be happy to sell at.  YMMV

   if i'm selling something for a volkswagen, i usually use both 'vw'
and 'volkswagen' in the description and one or the other in the title.
that way it will allow searching either way. i'll also put what type of
car(s), system(s), etc it will fit in the title as well as indicating if
there is a reserve. most of the items i list start a $1 just simply to
get rid of them. this can work to your advantage buy someone saying
"hey, this is cheap!" or disadvantage by someone saying "that's priced
too low. something must be wrong with it." everything works differently
for different people. guess that's why we don't all drive the same
vehicle (argh! but we do!).

--
  /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com