Speedo gear help

     Was trying to figure out my spedo cable issue.  I have a AUG 020
tranny, same 3.67 final drive as the close ratio 4Y, 9A etc.  So I go
to the parts store to get a CR tranny cable but could not think of a
VW that it came in that has the same connection for a MK1 speedo gague
and would have the same cable length.  So the cable I had in the car
that was giving me too fast of a reading was the white/clear 16 tooth
gear.  I had a red 15 tooth gear I replaced it with and it was reading
even faster.  Anyone know if there is a 17 tooth gear and the color or
what cable they are using on their CR tranny in MK1 scirocco?
     Other wonderful experience today was the almost instalation of
the 10.1 Audi brakes I got from the PnP.  Everything was going fine
till I went to put the disks on and the lug bolt pattern did not
match, WTF.  I guess Audi used a 4x108 (best I could measure) bolt
pattern.  The disks did not even have the fifth hole in them for the
screw that holds the disk to the hub.  I think Audi used studs on
their cars so the disks would stay centered by themselves.  Oh well,
lost all that brake fluid for nothing.  Wish I would have know that
ahead of time and I would not have bought them from the PnP.  Did not
really want to re-use those disks anyways, time to find some x-drilled
vented ones:)

--
Gordy

MK1 x 3