Any one know anything about A/C?

> Specificly - I think there is enough there of my dealer installed a/c
> to make it work. It needs to be recharged - so there's no pressure. Is
> there a way to make the clutch of the compressor snap on to test it?
> (there's no belt on right now)
>
> Also - Will I regret going rf134a? anyone got some r12?

   i would think that you might damage your compressor clutch. reason
being is that you add oil to the system when you convert/recharge. if
there is no pressure to your clutch you might experience a no oil issue.
there is a switch in the line that will prevent your clutch from
engaging if it senses low pressure.
   as for r134a, i've had no problems. i converted my old '86 and my
dad's '84 rabbit with no ill effects. still blows quite cold. if you can
find r12, good luck. most places won't sell it without a license and if
you do find it, it's bound to be expensive. that said, it is out there
but it's just finding it that's the pain.

--
  /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com