HVAC Controller

Hi all,

	Sometime last year, I lost the ability to direct air to my feet in
my '86 16v.  I'm assuming it's a broken/disconnected vacuum line somewhere,
since I still have dash and defrost.  I currently have the center console
apart.  All looks fine there.  To save me the hassle of tracking the lines
and tearing apart the entire dash, where's the actual controller for air
direction?  I want to check the vacuum connection at the flap, and a little
experienced BTDT from someone would be appreciated.  TIA.

-Brad
'86 Scirocco 16v