My hippie bus is all orggy

C Boyko said:
> Which begs the question, how many on this list were online in 1993? I'm
> not
> sure if we had that primitive text based service (offered through ministry
> of Ed) at that point or not. I was probably busy chasing kids anyway, but
> things have sure changed since then.
>
> Cathy

Oh yes...I was "online" back then.  BBSing and the like.  Thats why when I
first joined the list back in 96 I was still using my old BBS handle
"NightShadow".

I watched the BBSs die slowly, as they all started to interconnect....many
of them just became ISPs in the end, the BBS system long expanded and
integrated into what we now know as the Internet.

Funny, the popularity of forums now a days...so much like the BBS systems
of the early 90s. (you log in, read messages posted, send PMs, basically
the same thing a BBS was).

--
Eric
www.vintagewatercooleds.com

1981 Scirocco S (TDI swap project)
1981 Rabbit Truck LX Diesel -FOR SALE-
1990 Corrado TDI -FOR SALE-
1990 Fox Wagon
1991 Cabriolet (2.0 crossflow 8v project)
1994 Jetta GL