sticky situation

--- Greg Pallett <greg.rocco@gmail.com> wrote:

> It's been really hot here in the DC area.
> How hot was it?
> It was SO hot that my rearview mirror fell down.
>  I see that there's a metal plate that glues to the
> inside of the
> windshield, and then the mirror attaches to this.
> What's the best product for this? I haven't had time to
> go to the hardware
> store and talk to the good 'ol boys.
> THanks!
> Greg.

Go to your local FLAPS and pick up some rear view mirror
adhesive.  Follow the simple directions and you should be
good to go.  I recently went through this when I hit a
pavement joint in my 16v so hard that the mirror fell off
the glass and the person on the other end of the cell phone
asked "what the hell was that?"

Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 Scirocco S               '85 Scirocco 8v
'86 Scirocco 8v              '88 Scirocco 16v
'88 Scirocco Slegato *coming soon*
'96 Passat GLX Wagon         '56 Cessna 172

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/mobile.html