From: "Chad Eatock" <ceatock@sympatico.ca>
To: "Sciroccolist" <Scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 12:44 AM
Subject: 2.0l

Ok...got the 2.0l pretty much stripped except for the pulleys for the timing
belt, water pump etc...the head on this engine is considerably newer looking
than the block and seems to be rebuilt maybe?  the intake manifold is off,
the exhaust manifold is off but there are a few studs still in the block and
one snapped in the block too....(what do I have to do for that? drill, tap?)
Looking into the intake of the head you can see black deposits and such...is
this normal? should I take the head and everything off?  there is no leaking
from the valve cover and the engine was tested ok...is it just a matter of
switching over everything from the 1.8l?
I dunno...many more redundant questions are inevitable from me as I am a
rookie here!! lol
Chadster16v