Greg's Aquatic Adventure

On 6/4/05, Spewey <spewey@comcast.net> wrote:
> As any good lake-snowmobiler could tell you:
>
> He wasn't going fast enough!

That's what Dave said. I feel partly responsible for the car getting
stuck, as I had said before that I thought it would be a cool picture
with the two cars parked in the water. I was also the one who walked
around in the water (cause I was wearing sandals) and didn't say that
the rocks might give way. I don't know if his plan was to cross or to
park like I had thought about out loud, I didn't ask, but I suspect he
was following my idea. I have a bad habbit of not thinking through my
ideas before I vocalize them. He actually would have been fine except
for the open diff. and the fact that he had stopped in the middle
there. The passenger wheel turned and dug a nice hole while the
drivers side wheel did nothing.
Oh well, we both learned a bit about river crossings and how they can
feel different to a foot giving 160lbs of pressure and a tire giving
2000 lbs of pressure.