From: scirocco-l-bounces+dmaula=gordonrees.com@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces+dmaula=gordonrees.com@scirocco.org] On Behalf
Of Dan Smith
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2005 11:48 AM
To: Gordy Stedman; Scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Tires

BFG G-Force Sports. About the same price as the Ecstas, better wear
rating and these things ROCK! I've gone thru a few midwest rainstorms
and a brutal one in the mountains of PA where there's like 1-3" of
standing water on the highway. Not even a twitch or anything. I also
managed to do an emergency swerve at about 90mph and there wasn't even a
squeak from the tires (dry roads). With some crappy tires, there would
have been some fishtailing (or worse!) for sure. I cannot recommend
these tires highly enough. It's hard to say what the best part is,
between the wet/dry handling, the price and the Z rating. I have
205/40/16s and man, those sidewalls are rock solid.

Dan

Gordy Stedman <ydrogs@gmail.com> wrote:
I was looking at getting either some Kumho Ecsta 711 or for $44 more I
could upgrade to a set of Yokohama AVS ES 100 (195-50-15). Wanted an
inexpensive but capable tire that is good in both dry and wet that I
could get 30K from. Anyone have any thoughts on comments on either?
TIA.

--
Gordy
MK1 x 3