From: Dan Bubb <jdbubb@verizon.net>
To: Gordy Stedman <ydrogs@gmail.com>; John C. Worden
<johncworden@verizon.net>; Scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Sent: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 19:01:47 -0400
Subject: Re: Brake line removal/repair/replacement (something?) help

But not necessarily for brake systems where pressure is in the 1000 psi
range and safety is critical.
I don't think you can find any OEM applications that use compression
fittings on brake lines.
They form their seal by crushing a ferrule into the tubing. It
compromises the strength of the tube and the seal is much less
consistent or reliable than capturing a flared tube.
I'd think in this case you'd want to look at what the manufacturers do
and not take the word of a repair shop no matter how knowledgeable they
seem to be.

Ever had your brakes fail while you were zooming around in your beloved
Scirocco coming up on a tight corner?
Think about it and do what the factory does!
Dan
who specs tube fittings as part of his job