Alternator bolt question

On 3:11:04 pm 07/22/05 "Miller, Chris" <chris.miller@infofoundry.com> wrote:
> Kroil works well, so switching to PB Blaster won't do much more.  You
> did spray the end of the bolt where the threads are, right?

Yep, and the cracks on either end too, anywhere it coulod seep in and be
useful.

> Had to remove some frozen hex bolts from a head I was pulling last
> week. After destroying the inner hex, I pulled out a kit of 1/4" drive
> screwdriver bits and used a torx bit slightly larger than the hex.
> Hammered it home, then picked up the MIG and welded the sucker onto
> the head of the bolt.  The heat from welding and the better torque
> using a 1/4" socket pulled the bolts out.

Yeah, no welder here. But that's an idea. It may not need to come off after
all, I found some very odd looking wiring to the atlernator itself. Maybe a
rewiring job will clear up the issue if damage wasn't already done.

> Obviously disconnect the battery ground prior to any welding on the
> car.
> Chris

It's off for a trickle anyway...

Cathy