need help settling with insurance...

I dont know if this is of any help, but maybe looking at what the cars are going for on Vortex, ebay, craglist, thesamba.com,  and all the other used car websites (cars.com, autotreader, etc....). Make some print outs of what they are selling for what is being payed for them.

That should give you a back up as to the "real" world value of the car rather than their decrepit formula...... Is is based solely on Blue book?

HTH,

El Tony

Michael Abatzis <mabatzis@gmail.com> wrote:
finally got my first offer for my wrecked scirocco--$500. i've been
through this before, as i know some of you have. does anybody have any
appraisals that they'd be willing to send me? if not, i might be
willing to split the cost of someone getting their pimped out mk2
appraised. mind you, this car was purchased for almost $5k 2 years
ago, has been painted, 2l 16v, mint corrado leather seats, suspension,
euro everything, etc.. alternatively, has anyone recently
purchased/sold a rocc for a nice sum? any help/ammunition would be
greatly appreciated. trying to avoid a lawyer on this one, but that's
where i'm headed, i'm afraid.

--
-Michael Abatzis
New Orleans!