Positive battery cable price?

Having one made up would be much better, especially if you have them use a
nice thick cable.

I don't like the factory terminals... The split design doesn't seem to hold
up against corrosion very well.
My '81 Scirocco came with a nice gold plated positive terminal from a stereo
shop, but normally I use standard  lengths of heavy-duty replacement wires.

I just got done installing a nice thick positive cable on my '79 Scirocco. I
ran all my +12 accessories, and stock +12 battery wiring, (that were
crowding the battery terminal), to the starter +12 terminal, the lug that
the battery connects to. I think this will keep those terminals from
corroding.

I have to replace the negative cable, because the bottom part of the clamp
is broken. I could replace just the terminal, but I don't like to do that,
unless I have to, or it's a recently replaced cable. I'm planning on using a
heavy cable from the negative terminal right to the upper starter bolt, or
I'll use an A2 trans to engine bolt stud, and then run a chassis ground from
that point.

Peter
http://thescirocco.com/

Please! Include the previous text in your reply...