Now plugs and missing, Was: question about oil filter change

On 7:50:44 pm 07/10/05 "Larry Fry" <rocco16@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> So maybe I have
> >  a plug issue (well, I need to put that into the "what's not wrong"
> >  file.) They are new, gapped properly, fit well, and all look
> >  identical and dull yellow grey upon inspection. NGK Coppers, the
> >  engine's an RD build, so 10:1
> >  compression.
>

> I don't think a miss would be spark plug heat range related.
>
> As I understand it: too cold a plug will foul (well, I guess that
> could cause a miss, couldn't it?) but your's don't seem to have a
> fouling problem. Too hot a plug will cause pre-ignition, which is
> generally not felt as a "miss".
> A new set of plugs might do it IF one of the plugs is defective.
> I took many weeks, years ago, trying to find out why my SB Chevy
> would drop a cylinder intermittantly.  Turned out to be a plug with a
> cracked insulator.
>
> It sounds like you've done everything else possible to eliminate this
> miss. If the new plugs don't do it, then it's time to call in a good
> exorcist.
> Larry
> sandiego16v

I'm just trying to eliminate things, and the plugs were a "double check"
sort of item. I may try a different set. I do keep finding things, like a
cracked wire UNDER the boot at the Hall Sender. That solved my hot atart
problem, and cleaned up a bit of the ass running. Anyway, nobody knows of a
good online reference eh? Browsing around on dialup is just so painful.

Cathy