Quick question about Oil Filter change

On 8:49:21 pm 07/10/05 "John C. Worden" <johncworden@verizon.net> wrote:
> At 09:33 PM 7/9/05, Derrick floyd wrote:
>
> > wait wait that bullshit.  every VW 4 cyclinder car takes the same
> > filter. you can put a 2005 4 cyclinder one on there its the same.
> >
> According to parts books, part #s on line and the like, the late 90's
> 4 cylinder VW take a different filter, but I have been using the same
> ones I use on Sciroccos on my sister's '97 GTI with no ill effects.
> They definitely fit.
>
> John

I'd like to play. Technically my DD has a four cylinder VW engine, and it
DOES NOT take the same filter. It has a top loading tank with a cap, with
an element that is replaced, that being for the TDI. Oddly, I've neve reall
worried about the others, I just specify the engine and they give me the
correct filter. Pretty simple actually.
Cathy