Was: question about oil filter change, now: different question about oil filter change

This all started cause the mechanic that I frequent "from time to time" is out on vacation. I get my Mann or Manhel filters and the stupid washer that screwed with my memory from them. IIRC it runs me less than $4.50. i suggest finding a german car auto store or a mechanic that is some type of Salty VW Dog that ussually works on our cars (like mine) and that would stock said part.

El tony

GGehrke <ggehrke@gmail.com> wrote:
Spinoff oil filter question:

I've currently got a Fram filter from autozone but I've had at least 2
people specifically tell me not to use that one. I forget who it was
but someone (brian?) said something about a pressure release valve
that the filter needs to have.
Where do I get a good one and what's it going to run me?
Oh and nobody happens to know offhand the oil capacity of a 1.8 8V, do
ya? I've only done it once. save me the 10 seconds of looking in the
bentley or asking at autozone. :p Got to do a change sometime soon.

-Grant-