Quick question about Oil Filter change

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 20:49:46 -0500, "David Utley"
<fahrvegnugen@cox.net> wrote:

>Not so.  If you have ETKA, have a look.  They changed somewhere in '96 or
>'94, seemed to go in time with when the ABA lost its piston-squirters.  What
>was the change and why did they need it?  I dunno.  056-115-561-G is the one
>up to the year I can't recall, and 06A-115-561-B after that...

Could be a difference in the calibration of the internal pressure
relief and/or anti-backflow valves.  Both the Mann and Mahle units for
my Rocco and the Mercedes appear to be physically identical as far as
mounting surface and thread, but the ratings on the internal valves
are different.  I found a chart somewhere..

Gordon
75 Mk I/Drake 1.9