From: scirocco-l-bounces+davidwinchell2=sprynet.com@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces+davidwinchell2=sprynet.com@scirocco.org] On
Behalf Of Patrick Bureau
Sent: Friday, July 08, 2005 5:15 AM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: serious engine trouble

David, If this is all the details you have your going to have to provide
more
Questions:

1. does the engine sound like its turning over?
2. does it sound like its turning over but no compression
(thu-thu-thu-thu-thu)?

I think it may be as a few said, it could be the crank keyway,it could
be a few things but what worries me is that you said the enginestopped
working with the sound,last time 16v did that, it was the timing belt
(why I asked the second question)., it looked fine until you remove the
top cover completly and pull on it and it came loose...(broken bottom
end).

Patrick Bureau - patrick.bureau@gmail.com