OT: Very short notice airline tickets

Sounds like it might be an emergency or grievance type issue--
if so, call the airline and they'll give you a special fare.
Also remember to try searching for airports that are close to your
departure/arrival cities because you might be able to save money
flying farther away and renting a car to get the rest of the way.

-Grant-