cheap/free fix-ups?

On 9:47:51 pm 07/06/05 Greg Pallett <greg.rocco@gmail.com> wrote:
> I saw this asked a week or two ago.. thought I'd shake the tree again
> and see what lands.
> I've got 2 weeks vacation coming up, but I'm housesitting and can't
> leave town. Looking for cheap/free things to do to the 'roc.
> Already planned are:
> Exterior wash/wax/etc.
> interior detail
> Dye Bumpers?
> Engine bay detail?
> Rotate tires.
>  I'm looking at Timbo's technotes page with an eye on the gear-oil
> change  And I think I have a Thermo time switch and a cold start
> valve somewhere to install, see if they help my cold-starting issues.
>  If any of the MD area listers want to come play, Let me know!
>  Greg

3 things come to mind:
1. Grounds
2. Grounds
3. and grounds.

Or, well, you COULD do filters (air/gas/oil), plugs, cap and rotor, that
sort of minor tune up stuff. (Bleed brakes/ flush coolant? Should be done
every two years) Wiper blades, and repaint the arms, it'll make your car
look SO nice. Maybe touch up badges if they are nasty? Look for corroded
connections and clean them up. Clean the engine bay/ clean/paint rusty crap
under there? New vaccuum lines if not so equipped? Fix leaky gaskets of
various sorts? Drive the car for diagnostics of that small annoying crap
that bugs you, seats that don't slide, missing clips/handles, lights in the
dash that are out...and keep a list beside you...that sort of crap. I have
a ton of it to do once I am sure I can't probe poor Klaus any more. I have
a plastic dishpan in each car that I throw notes and bits into as I get
them, as a reminder.
But in my life, it is getting a plain 8V CIS car to run right that is
haunting me day and night. No rest till that's resolved. The 16V runs
great, so at least I have one to drive.

I'm getting tired just proof reading that list...
Cathy