VICTORY IS MINE!! Mike 1: Bearing 0

 >Well, the bearing kit w/ rented tool arrived yesterday form the boys
 >in NY.  I hit Dan's house about 7:45 am this morning.  was removing
 >the tire 5 minutes later.  5 hours later, I had the new bearing in and
 >everything put back together.  And, Se?or Weasel Salado, I DID IT
 >MYSELF!  With the exception of removing the two circlips. I hate them
 >all.  I think they are my natural enemy.  Although replacing the one
 >in the back after putting the new bearing and hub back in was
 >surprisingly easy.

   congratulations. nothing better than hearing...nothing when driving
down the road. i'm curious, was this and on-the-car or off-the-car tool?
i bought an on-the-car one from harbor freight for $8X dollars after
being told it would be $20 per hub IF i were to remove it from the car
and take it somewhere. i had to do four so, you do the math. only thing
i had to get that didn't come with the kit were bolts for the hubs for
removal, but those were taken care of with a couple mkiv sub-frame
bolts. and, i agree, it is nice to do something other than oil changes
for a while.

--
  /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com