From: scirocco-l-bounces+peter=thescirocco.com@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces+peter=thescirocco.com@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of
aaron@plosive.net
Sent: Saturday, July 02, 2005 3:38 AM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Headers (for the last damn time)

Got to buy a couple headers, one for my DD and one for my Love.
I've been searching around and even posted here and got some good
recommendations, etc. but now it comes to crunch and wallet time. My final
questions;

Is there a Pacesetter or some other cheap header for the 16v 1.8? All I can
find from pacesetter is for a 1.6 or 1.8 8v... There seems to be confusion
on this tho because I know of at least one website/catalogue that lists the
same part for 16v's :
http://www.c3cars.com/parts.cfm?M=1&PMode=I&VIID=4044

Anyways, I need something cheap for the DD.

For my other scirocco though, I'm looking at a couple of things ATM and need
to make a decision ASAP, because its already in bad shape and sounds like a
tank. Repairing it is out of the question. I've had the thing welded and
rewelded so many times while putting off a new one that its finally
unapproachable and not worth it.

I'm either going to get the techtonics tri-y, but I've also seen the
autotech tri-y.
In either case I've got to get a Cat too, and TT's match for the tri-y is
200$'s ... That's nearly 700$'s when shipping and everything comes into
play. I could shoot myself for missing that tri-y for sale at vwvortex a
couple weeks ago =[ The Autotech one is a good 50 bills cheaper and I've
seen a lot of good written about it on the list before.. But I can't find
that they sell a cat.

Half my problem is, I currently have no cat,.. And the shock absorbtion shit
between my current header/downpipe and the center exhast is totally makeshit
(welded flexpipe straight to the downpipe and center ex.). I figure I can
have a garage replace the makeshift flex and put the cat there. I need a Cat
anyways for exhaust testing soon. The centerpipe and muffler is the 16v
setup by Supersprint.. So I'm not 100% sure of any pipe-diameter problems I
might run into with either of these Tri-Y's ..

So yeah, my header is busted on my roc, I have a makeshift flex,.. And I
need to salvage all this and get it done right so I can slam it and not
worry about breaking my new exhaust or cracking my manifold. Blah blah
blah... This is getting depressing!

Aaron