Re: Fuel screen question

In the center of the plastic baffle in the tank, there is indeed a round
screen, no more than 3 inches OD (IIRC).  I fashioned a puller from a coat
hangar.  You will have to pull hard to get it out, but it will come.  I
think there was a ring that was attatched to the top of it, that is what I
hooked onto.

All this is from memory.  Hopefully it is as simple as I remember (I just
turned 35, as I get older -everything- gets easier)...

David

Yep, it was easy enough, and to my delight/ dismay there was really
nothing in it. The filter is cylindrical and pulled out easily with the
trusty coathanger. I used (clean) offset longnose pliers to set it back
down in, then a screwdriver. So the car has a new coil and clean screens,
we'll see if it behaves if the road ever gets Sciroccoworthy. I hate this
time of year...

Cathy
1999 TDI New Beetle
1987 2L 16V Scirocco
1979 1.8L 10:1 8V
"Deja moo- the feeling you've heard this bull before"