Re: Aerodymanic studies

This guy has done an absolutely admirable job on that car!
I think we have all dreamed of designing and building a car at
some point (I have many times)... and this is just amazing to see it actually coming to life. Just wish I had the seemingly
limitless funds that this guy must have... I mean, buying
a brand new Hayabusa only to part it out for the engine and
some wiring! yikes...
SolidWorks itself will not do the flow modeling that he has shown
on page 6, but there are complimentary programs that can be purchased
to use with SolidWorks... the one he may have used is FlowWorks from
Cosmos Software.  I used this a while back for some flow analysis
on my intake manifold design.  Quite a nice program...

Ben

--- Anson Clement <ansonivan@yahoo.com> wrote:

This guy built his entire car in solidworks, I'm not sure what software was
being used but on page 6 he talks about cfd numbers and whatnot.
Shoot him an e-mail and he should tell you what he was using. Give it a squint, it's one of the most exciting profects I have ever seen. http://dpcars.net/

Anson

Julie Macfarlane <juliemac57@hotmail.com> wrote:
Any one ever see an air flow analysis of the MKI? You know where it shows the air flow pattern over the top of the car?
I would love to see it if it is available.

Or if some one has the software? (Pleeeeze)

Julie Macfarlane
"Its not just a car! Its an adventure!"
1981 MKI 2L 16v w 2Y
Amsterdam NY