Re: insurance says it's totaled, need help/advice

Toby,
that is NOT a 'total loss'. it may be in the insurance companies eyes though.
if i remember correctly, wasnt it the other guys fault? in this case you

Yeah, both cars were stopped at a crossroads, perpendicular to each other. He stepped on the gas, turned left, and drove in to the front of my car while talking on his cell phone.

should be able to get a (cash) settlement from the other guys insurance company, and your own insurance should really have nothing to do with the whole thing.

My insurance doesn't even know, unless his insurance called them up to tell them about it.

I'm dealing with his insurance..

also, whatever the case, you could just say 'screw you i'm keeping my car'. you're still driving it around right now and you have the (non-salvage) title, correct?

Yes, but I still want to get compensated for the damage so I can get it repaired. There's no way I'm giving the car up.

Thanks for the response

-Toby

hth
Al