From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Scourge
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 9:49 PM
To: Rocco list
Subject: Potential mods

So I've been thinking, and trying to decide what to do next with my car.
My curent setup: 2L ABA/JH
Audi 5K TB
G-Grind cam
4-2 mani
TT race DP
2" Stainless(partially mangled, to be replaced soon)

The car ran 16.3 in the quarter, but can probably get down to about
16.0. It pulls strong from 3500 to 6500 rpm. As it is, I have some brake
and suspension uprades planned, but I can't decide what to do motor
wise. It is my daily driver, I put about 30k kms on each year(~13k
miles), so driveability is an issue. That said, I have full poly motor
mounts and find it to be tolerable.
 I thought about a bigger cam, but I'm not sure it would be worth it
without some more headwork. I'm also considering the swap the
Megasquirt(price is a huge attraction), I figure I can do that for
around $1000 canadian.
  The bang for the buck factor is a huge thing for me. I'm happy with
the motor overall right now, but I know I want a touch more power out of
it. The powerband is great where it is, I'm afraid if I use a bigger cam
it'll shift it up too high for me. The megasquirt is cool, but really
how much of a difference can it make?
 Any other 2L 8V'ers out there wanna speak up? I'm interested in what
everyone has done, and what kind of numbers you've put down(both quarter
mile and dyno).
 Dan Bubb, you said before that your 8V ran 15.5 with a TT street head,
272 cam, and CIS, right? What's the deal with the head? And have you run
it since you swapped to haltech?

thanx 4 the time
-George