From: Gordon Forbess [mailto:gforbess@attglobal.net] Sent: Saturday, January 15, 2005 5:02 PM
To: Rick Kellner
Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: S&S headers; general header comments

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 14:54:59 -0500, "Rick Kellner"
<rfkellner@snet.net> wrote:

If you look at the header and description you will see there is a ball
and socket connection at the collector end that acts as the flex joint.
Does anyone have any experience with this type of flex joint?  Does it
leak?  Is there a better aftermarket flex joint available that I can
weld in place of this one?

Does everyone have an exhaust system with some sort of flex joint?
The reason I ask is, I don't.  Just a 2 to 1 downpipe from the cast
Euro GTI manifold straight into the cat.  It's been fine for about
30-35k miles.  With the exception of the front poly motor mount, all
the others are stock.  I do have the brace from the block to about the
mid point of the downpipe, but nothing else.
Gordon

75 Mk I/Drake 1.9