RE: That Scirocco feeling wuz Julie's

I know that by replying, what is my opinion I will get a severe burn-mail,
but since you are all wallowing in your own love for sciroccos, I guess that
will make me the devil's advocate.

1. I love scirocco's
2. I still have two scirocco's
3. I prefer the comfort of my 2001 Jeep Cherokee to drive everyday to work
than to drive the scirocco
4. If the scirocco got in an accident and there was a salvageable part, the
car would be parted.
5. I have, personally invested 7K on "prowler", and what did I get in the
end, an old car, truly fun car to have, but not worth the money invested in
it. The book value and fair market resale value are rarely over 1500, lets
admit it all together, owner of scirocco's are primo-cheapo-asses.

Did I enjoy working on the scirocco, of course I did, we all have, tinkering
with an old car is the thing that is in our blood.

Will it kill me when I start dismantling both scirocco's I have sitting in
my yard, no, probably for the only reason that people are too cheap to just
buy it whole for the real value of it, but prefer to buy parts on eBay for a
total value in parts worth twice the original "complete car price"... go
figure.

Would I do it again with another scirocco, nope, they will never attain a
"classic car" status, I think I will start saving my money, drive my jeep
and find myself a nice old 1964 Mustang to restore ';)

Flame away, see if I care :)

---
Patrick Bureau - patrick.bureau@gmail.com