Re: Seat channel and mono wiper questions

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 10:48:46 -0800, Justin <scirocco16v@gmail.com> wrote:
I took my seats out for cleaning out/removing carpet etc... the
passenger seat had been stuck for a long time, upon attempting removal
I discovered why. Here's a picture:

http://img181.exs.cx/img181/3672/seatchannel7cj.jpg

The piston circled is locked, is there any way I can solve this?

If it's stuck out like the picture shows then the seat should freely
move back and forth.  The only thing I can offer is to try and take
the springs off, pull the piston out of there (maybe tap it through
from the other side with a punch and a hammer), clean and grease it,
and put it back together.  That should get the piston functioning
correctly again.  If the seat is stuck, i.e. not moving, then I'd
expect that the rails just need cleaning and greasing.  I'm assuming
nothing is bent.

HTH,
matt.