BAD running problem (concerned to drive)

i've had to fill in at work as a photographer which means i have to drive all over columbus. as of yesterday, my '85 started developing a "hiccup" that has become progressively worse. i'll be driving down the road at speed and it'll act like it's not getting fuel. i can floor the gas and it'll eventually come back but other times it seriously makes me wonder. i now have to ride the right lane just in case it decides it doesn't want to come back, and the parts of town i'm in sometimes.... i bought a new fuel pump relay for it, but i'm only hoping that's the solution. any ideas? i'm thinking it might also be a vacuum leak but can't say for certain. those hoses will be replaced this weekend. many thanx for any input.

--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com