Re: Julie's update

There are people out there that believe a car is just a car. And to those people, who see us beating our heads on the wall as some new electrical gremlin emerges or the latest 20yr old OEM part craps out, they can't understand why we torture ourselves so. It's understandable, especially when family and friends see it as our main, unreliable, source of transportation. But yeah, still sucks when people see your baby as a pile of crap.

Dan

T Berk <tberk@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
Julie Macfarlane wrote:
I would like to thank all those who offered help, machine guns, parts, high explosive (thanks Jim) and words of advice.

Thank you.

My girl friend (female friend only) told me just to take the money and run. The car was a piece of s**t, not worth the time or the effort. I have known her for a long time. but this really hurt.

How do you explain people like you? I stumbled across the list by accident, and never been happier than when knowing people like you.
If it were a toss up between the list and Jennifer? Sorry Jen....

Draco will rise from the ashes!

Julie Macfarlane
"Its not just a car! Its an adventure!"
1981 MKI 2L 16v w 2Y
Amsterdam NY

Jen needs Full Immersion. She is suffering from, among many, many other things the curse of Modern Consumerism.

Besides the fact that there are tools called cars which serve a useful purpose there is also the (not conflicting) issue of 'Dance wit the one what brung ya'.

1981 MKI 2L 16v w 2Y

I mean, rully.

Ask her this: If she had a flat tire on the freeway, would she just empty out the trunk and walk away, saying "eh, it was a piece of junk anyway...".

What if it was a car she was more familiar with like say an MG or Ferrari or perhaps classic Mustang? What then?

Good friends often have Good Sense, but not always is it Good Advice. But at least she means well.

TBerk

btw- By Full Immersion I refer to a Scirocco Adventure; bring Jen to Cincy this year.